Monday, April 30, 2012

Today the first cigarette free day. It was harder yesterday stretching out those last few smokes so they lasted until bedtime. Even resorted to having a few puffs then putting the cigarette out until the next time I had a craving. Today is far easier in comparison. Hardest time around lunch. Lunch can take anything from an hour to two hours depending upon if there is a good midday movie on. Today it took 15 minutes. Usually if there's a movie on I work on a drawing. The movie is 'company' if it's not engrossing enough to warrant full attention. Too energetic today to do anything but get up, do the dishes and head out the door to reinflate bicycle tyres.

Took the bike for a half hour spin. Easier than I expected. I suspect yoga has just made me generally fitter than I used to be. The hardest part is a) sore 'nether regions' and b) pain in lower back from those horrible lowset handlebars. Might invest in upright handlebars. As for the groin, will just have to get 'calloused' up somehow. Don't think Richard plans to ride his bike so might nick his sheepskin seat cover. He went for a grand total of two rides and whinged all the way. Not his cup of tea.

We have been a tiny bit snappy with one another but realizing that we are in the throes, as it were, it doesn't escalate. Hardly worth mentioning really. Don't know why I did.

Had a, for me, really small lunch. Small helping of salad, two crackers instead of three. That's the only way I'll keep from gaining weight, smaller helpings and more exercise. I do have the leeway of portion size for I do Live Large as far as food goes but because of no dairy and the active lifestyle I've lost weight despite myself. Now I don't have the luxury of smoking as an appetite suppressant and metabolism accelerator so have to find other ways to remain steady. I know it's vain but it is so depressing to be chunky.

No comments:

Post a Comment