Friday, March 21, 2014

Signed a contract with a local realtor to put the house on the market on March 5.    Today is the 21st.  So far we've had a confirmation letter and an ad (with 3 photos I submitted) on their local website.  They're supposed to advertise the property on realestate.com, domain, reiq, myproperty but haven't seen anything yet.  Nor is there a for sale sign on the road.   Am a little disappointed but try to remember that everything happens (or doesn't!) for a reason.  R's appointment with the neurologist is in a month.  Perhaps nothing will happen until he's been assessed, tested and hopefully medicated and that's a good thing.  One of my faults has always been impatience.  Want things done yesterday.  Walk fast, talk fast, type fast, but don't live fast.  Not anymore anyway. 

The house.  I feel like I'm walking out on a relationship.  This house, this property, this land has been a soothing and beautiful haven.  I'll miss the hills, the wildlife, the ever changing beauty.    This house has loved us, as we have loved it.  I felt it strongly when we moved in, how glad the house was to have us.  It knew we would love it and look after it.  And we have.  We've restored her to her original beauty; polished floors, new paint, new gutters, tanks, garage.  The list goes on.  Fences, gardens.  And now we plan to abandon her for another house in another state.  Yet this house in her 100 plus years has known many families.  Some loved her.  Some did not.  I hope the people who come after us will love and cherish her.  In her present glowing state she invites love and tenderness. 

I've discovered, thanks to listening to an interview with Maestro Simone Young, a website called Duolingo.  A free website to learn French.  I love it.  And I'm learning.  It's fun.  Lots of fun.  Makes it more of a game than a chore.  I like that I can fail as many times as necessary and it doesn't matter.  Just keep going until I learn it.  Can feel how some of the learning is almost sneaky.  Think I'm concentrating on remembering This Thing and actually quite unconsciously absorb That Thing. 

Makes me wonder what else I can learn.  I've learned to cook.  Am learning French.  Looked up the price of rollerblades this morning.  Not to use here - but perhaps they would be useful where we move to.  We did find and buy a one man kayak at a garage sale.  Need to find one more so that we can explore Fingal Heads, the Tweed River, the beaches at Cabarita - the list is endless.  We're going to sell the coleman canoe.  We have too much trouble handling it.  It's too big and unwieldy. 

So it's all go.  Oh, and I came off Balthazar for the first time since I've had him yesterday.  Not his fault.  A big spook.  No slow mo dismount.  One second I was in the saddle, the next I was flat on my back over the side of the hill with my heels pointing towards the valley below and my fingers twined in the reins.  Got a bit of a mouse on my skull, a bruise on my arm and some sore muscles but otherwise okay.  Just goes to show you attract what you fear as I'd just been thinking I wouldn't want to come off on this track (the one cut into the side of Mt. W) as I could hit my head on a boulder.  So I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment