Tuesday, November 24, 2015

'Our' dream house has sold.  Last week, the stunning Burringbar house was sold to some lucky family.  Felt quite sad for a bit.  However, if we haven't got it than it's not meant to be.  Have found another property (6 acres) near Cobaki for $730,000.  Beautiful old refurbished place with a view, much better grazing for the horses (one of the few drawbacks of the Burringbar house), much closer to the kids, the coast, the amenities.  Not that it will last long.  It's such a nice little place in a prime location that someone will soon buy it.

But I am not dismayed!  Have decided not to look at any properties until we have a contract on this one.  Have also decided that we will drop the price in the New Year, perhaps hitting the psychologically significant below $400,000 mark, like $399,999 or some such silliness. 

At the moment we are enduring heat waves.  Was 40 on Saturday.  Will be 38 for the next two days.  Doesn't make the idea of showing the house very attractive.  And it's been so miserable that we've done little outside.  I need to do the whole sweep rake cobweb thing again.  The geckos, bless them, are prolific poopers so every sill is peppered with two tone poo, rather like bird poo, which is just another clue to indicate birds descended from reptiles. 

Still working on the same drawing.  Slowly slowly pulling it into shape.  Sometimes, looking at the stunning work on Pinterest, I wonder why I persevere.  But then, whether my work is good or not, I cannot NOT draw. 

My sister has started following me on Pinterest.  At least we are in touch, by one remove but better than nothing.  Was so satisfying when we were emailing nearly every day when she was in Charlevoix.  I'm my own worst enemy because I'm not social and social occasions are difficult for me, yet it is sometimes lonely.  Richard is my darling but the relationship has changed because of his illness and mentally we aren't covering the same ground anymore. 

But I'm not going to slide into complaining and sadness.  We are healthy, have everything (can almost feel the solid tug on my bootstraps) so shut up and get on with it. 

Will go do yoga, with all fans blazing.  That always helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment