Saturday, February 3, 2018

Palindrome Post

4:10pm.   If anyone was going to see a UFO I think it would be me.  I spend so much time looking at the sky; admiring clouds, admiring stars, ogling the moon, it seems a bit of bad management on the part of UFOs that a committed skywatcher like myself should fail to see one.  And now, in the age of cheap and available drones, almost any anomaly in the sky will be suspect.  I seem to have missed my chance.  I suppose if some truly remarkable vision akin to something CGI and Hollywood could make presented itself I could accept that I'd seen one.  

Sadly I don't think that's going to happen.

What prompted this was not something I thought I saw but the extraordinary number of people I see who walk while looking at the ground.  Perhaps these people, with their necks tilted at 45 degrees, are thinking deep and profound thoughts.  Perhaps they are thinking of the conversation they had with the salesperson at the supermarket.  What they aren't thinking about is the stagecraft of the world around them.  Whether it's nature or a city street, the world is a fascinating place. And it's big, truly big.  There's enough going on to keep the most jaded observer endlessly entertained.

Perhaps that's the problem.  It's too big and looking up invites a form of agoraphobia so looking down keeps the sensory input to a manageable level.

Whatever the reason, I'll bet my bottom dollar that if a UFO is sighted in this area,  the groundlooking person will look up just in time to see it while I will have just missed it.

2 comments:

  1. And here I have several under my belt. Actually, they are the reason I started watching the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do tell, Kathy. Would love to read about what you've seen. If I can't see one, at least I can vicariously enjoy the thrill of a friend's sighting.

    ReplyDelete