Monday, October 14, 2019

Strange dream (a bit of an understatement)

I dreamed of suicide again last night.  No, I'm not in the least suicidal nor do I wake up depressed and angst ridden.  Then of course dreaming of taking one's life is not to be pooh-poohed as of no consequence either.  This time, and it was so vivid, it was my 2nd and 3rd husband, Wayne who did the deed.  I had a small derringer which I gave to him, asking him if he would.  So he shot me in the eye as a derringer isn't powerful and might not get through a thick skull.  As I died I called out to the cats, I'm sorry!  I love you. and felt terrible as I was shirking my responsibilities to everyone; Richard, the animals, esp. the animals as Richard wouldn't have the wherewithal to care for them

Then I saw myself fall forward.  We'd been kneeling and I keeled over like that footage one sees of executed prisoners of war.  I stood outside myself and watched me die.  But of course I wasn't dead.  I also felt bad because Wayne wanted to die too (he actually died years ago) but I couldn't shoot him as I was already dead.

Strange.

Then not so strange as it seems the dream is only reflecting what I feel.  I feel trapped.  Of course I do.  I love Richard and will stay with him but if I didn't a bit constrained compared to the old age I'd envisioned, then I'd be abnormal.

And we all know I'm as normal as peanut butter.

1 comment:

  1. Please look into homes for R that will be able to meet his needs with 24/7 care. Nursing homes can be godsends. At some point, you will both be at great risk because of the dementia. Please be prepared to place him where he'll be safe, now is the time to do the research and homework of finding a good placement.

    ReplyDelete