Sunday, August 10, 2014

Went to Mt. Cootha yesterday, strolled the gardens for hours with friends.  Pocketed many fallen seeds which I'm saving to plant at our new property, as most of them are rainforest type seeds and will fare better in a wetter climate.  It is, again, as usual, very dry and dusty here.  I long long for the day we move to our new home in the Tweed.  I know learning patience is good for me, that it will happen when the time is right, but, that inconvenient but ... why not now?  The house is ready, we are ready. 

Every morning while feeding the birds, sometime around 6:30 a jet flies overhead.  It's fuselage catches the morning sunlight and burns white and gold and I know it glows from the sea sun.  Not our sun which rises over rocky outcrops and burnt grass, but the wet yellow sun rising from a blue green sea.  An absolutely nonsensical way to look at things.  Nevertheless I can feel, almost smell that sea sun reflecting from the Coolangatta bound jet.  And I sigh.  And take a deep breath.  Another lesson in patience.  Not learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment