Saturday, December 9, 2017

Post 23 of 92

11:33am.  No, I haven't stopped, quite.

Successfully did  yoga with Mikaela in the room.  Thought she'd be all over me, licking my face in downward dog or some such thing but as we'd taken her to the Uki Farmers Market this morning, she was all in.

It's quite remarkable how the energy levels of greyhounds fluctuate.  She can be as hyper and goofy as a puppy, rabbit running up and down the fence or spinning in tongue flapping circles on the rug while the next minute she's be stretched out on the floor asleep.  Greyhounds are couch - or in her case - chair potatoes.

Mikaela is an endearing and irresistible advertisement for greyhound adoption.  A fellow student at the life drawing class will adopt a greyhound next year after she returns from abroad and that is directly due to her meeting and falling in love with Mikaela.  Everywhere she goes she's admired, patted even hugged.  And she absorbs it all with gentle dignity. 

And she smells good.  Mikaela has a subtle perfume on her head that is quite delicious.  Yes, her beds and leashes will eventually get that doggy odour if they aren't washed - but she herself never smells like a dog.

Maybe it's because she's part cat and that's why she's so easy for me to love.  I love her in a way that I've never loved another dog.  Have always been a cat person.  I still am but now I am a dog person too or at least a greyhound person.

11:41am.

No comments:

Post a Comment