Friday, June 8, 2018

post 34 of 92

Posts are getting further and further apart.  So much for a few minutes daily to forge new good habits.

Since writing I have taken part in my second ever group exhibition (the first one over 40 years ago!).  I sold 3 drawings and one painting - which almost makes me break even financially.  But money making has never been the point.  Although I must say selling anything I've created has never happened before.  I've bartered, traded and given away but never sold.  So that was a new feeling.

Another new feeling was winning an award for one of my drawings.  I didn't attend the opening night (hundreds of people in a small noisy venue - my idea of crazy) and although a friend accepted the award on my behalf she didn't remember for which drawing.  Understandable as only seconds before she'd won an award for one of her paintings, had just stepped off the stage and then had to return to get mine.  Slightly giddy I suspect.  Kind of a big deal as our little pop up gallery won two of the 9 awards on offer.

When I heard about it I was happier than I have been in a long time.  Couldn't stop grinning.  And even while I floated around the house showing lots of teeth, I was aware how fleeting this feeling was so tried to extract squeeze suck every ounce of joy from it.

Another friend had a showing at the Uki Post Office (Featured Artist).  She asked for input from friends.  What phrases, words, sayings had special meanings for them.  She would take those and match them with one of her paintings.  I submitted Gratitude and Trust.  She used Gratitude. But there was another saying, which has been helpful throughout my life; through good and bad, through opportunity and disaster.  This Too Shall Pass.

So it was with the joy of winning and selling.  Oh, I lived that feeling, fleeting as it was.   It is unbecoming to brag but golly gee it was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment