Sunday, September 12, 2010

dreams again

Dream: I am an observer for the first part of the dream. A tv journalist is reporting about the meat we eat. There is a huge elongated carcass hanging upside down, skinned and raw. It is divided into various cuts by diagrams so that we can see what we are eating. Behind and to the side is a woman, about 8 feet tall, thin and garbed in a orange and cream patterned skin suit. She is dark skinned and exotic with accentuated cheekbones and a long, kind of alien shaped head. She appears impervious to the fact that she will shortly be slaughtered. This, the reporter says, is tomorrows meat. Suddenly he realises what he is saying, what he is seeing and starts to cry. I think to myself, didn't you know? Where did you think the meat came from. The solution is simple, stop eating meat. The journalist quotes something, ta da ta da ta da tada TA DA! I don't remember it now nor do I remember who said or wrote it. It was apropos of the situation, the meat eating situation.

I am late for a flight. I have been living or staying in a two story house but my things are at another house, a duplication of the house I've been living in. When I go there however I see it is very different even though the houses were built at the same time and are the same age. The house I've been living in has been renovated. It's clean and has new aluminum window frames. I am shocked when I go into the other house. There is a kind grey haired woman living there but she is a bit vague and a terrible housekeeper. The house smells acrid. The carpet is worn and hasn't seen a vacuum in months, dirt and debris impregnate every last centimeter. There is clutter everywhere. The windows are different too. They are larger, longer and wood framed. I can't understand why this house is so filthy yet the woman is so nice. Then I am joining a queue waiting to check in for my flight. The queue meanders outside and down some steps. I'm last in line.

Deciphering the meaning? It's easy to see where some of the influences of the day were used in the dream decor; the carcass, the colouring of the skin suit, the houses but that's just window dressing for the meaning. I've no clue as to the meaning of the meat dream. The two houses dream seems a little easier. I believe the houses represent me, my inner life, my outer life. My outer life, represented by the renovated house, is sort of under control. The inner life, where I keep 'my things' is a mess; airless, filthy and cluttered. But the kind albeit vague grey-haired woman lives there. Me. Or some poor version of me who is stumbling along as best she can under the circumstances of neglect. The windows are a clue. They're old but they're bigger, longer. I don't remember what the view was from either house. Not sure how I can act upon this dream. Do know I need to keep a notebook again but as Natalia is sleeping with me (all 3 cats on the bed now), no pen is safe. She plays with anything that's not tied down.

No comments:

Post a Comment