Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Power of Cranky Prayer

Raining. 

I give thanks a lot.  It is not so much a thought but more a sort of visceral breath which emanates gratitude.  I say this to contrast it with the exasperated prayer of yesterday.  My prayer was, 'Just make it effing rain, right?' 

 For days, nay weeks, I have watched the radar as  storms brew up to the west, march toward us in a wall of blue and yellow and orange only to split and pass to the north and south, reform on the other side and carry on to the coast.  I try, I really do try, to remain composed and indifferent to the vagaries of the weather, I try to remain aloof and non-judgmental when neighbours burn the living crap out of their land year after weary smoke filled year.  I try to welcome all that is as It Is What It Is and I'm damn grateful to be here experiencing another 'ordinary day'.  But sometimes, just sometimes, I get fed up, shake my fist at the sky and in bad grace invoke grace.

And it worked.  Despite a totally different forecast, I woke to the sound of rain and although at 2:30pm, it is just about finished, it has drizzled all day. 

Wonder if I can invoke, 'just let us win the damn lotto,' would have the same outcome.  Or 'sell the damn house!' 

Sometimes I coast along quite happily here (especially after it's rained) and don't mind that we are not on the coast but other times it's a hunger.

Coincidentally, a program on the community TV about an eco-village in Currumbin Valley.  Wouldn't suit us as we've all the animals but I could feel the coastal vibe.

Bring it on!  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment