Friday, July 10, 2020

In a strange way I think I've been set free.  When I wrote the email to the boys, I was as clear and as honest as I was capable of being.  Granted, it is only my opinion and I may be wrong.  Still the answer I reeived from Anthony kind of lets me off the hook.  If communication is so fraught and misunderstood then what's the point? 

His reply was:  These exchanges don't feel or sound positive to me. Quite the opposite. I will say that some of the things you mention I agree with and some I disagree with completely. We are just trying to discuss and have input into how we see Dad and how to to help him.     .

As I get down to visit Dad I'll continue to do the very best I can. Further discussion re the below is pointless - and I shall certainly keep my views and experiences reference grief and trauma to myself....

Probably I am overly sensitive.  Nevertheless if I am scolded for my 'views and experiences referenc*ing* grief and trauma' and I am less than positive, well so be it. 

Strictly business then.  I'll do as I've always done - when they weren't included, weren't interested in being included, and look after Richard. 

Maybe I just wanted someone in the family to share the burden with.  My friends have been and are invaluable but they aren't family.  But I was wrong.  They are. 

1 comment:

  1. My instinctive, knee-jerk reaction is “screw that brat” for deliberately twisting what you wrote! But then I realize he’s hurting for his dad and probably terrified that he’s seeing his own future ahead because of genetic propensities. So I’ll cut him some slack for the moment. And yes, your friends and support network are absolutely your family. Trust in them and let his boys sit-and-soon.

    ReplyDelete