Saturday, July 18, 2020

The power of music.  Was tired and teary yesterday.  Apathetic too but some part of me said, stuff that, DO something.  So I rearranged furniture to make room for a worktable and my easel (brought up from the studio/shed).  Always listen to classical but knew something more upbeat was needed so put on a compilation of The Police and Sting.  I can't listen closely to music without being affected.  Of course, often it's just a background to the day but if I listen, really listen, it can make me soar, weep, dance or freeze in a sort of rapture.

Yesterday I danced.  And last night I worked on a drawing.  The same one started before the lockdown.  Felt good to work on it (with music!) but felt better that I have actually succeeded in making a workable space.  Workable and attractive. 

Have changed the living room quite a bit, brought plants in, moved plants around outside.  Rearranged pictures.  More and more me and less 'us'.  That's the brutal fact of it.  I live alone.

Sold the Yeti yesterday.  A message late morning from Chris.  Met he and his wife at Petbarn at Tweed.  He and his wife Bek, easy going couple, he a sort of Bryan Brown type, her a dark haired warm eyed attractive woman with a bad case of psoriasis on her forehead - how I wanted to tell her of the success of diet in controlling it but not my place).  In contrast to Steve, who dithered and hemmed and hawed and finally said no, they decided after one short test drive and a quick look inside and out.  They had the cheque within the hour and picked it up from here late afternoon.

Sorry to see Gus go.  Most luxurious car I've ever owned and such a pleasure to drive but at least I had the privilege to have him.  I hope they treat him well. 

So now it's just me and Kitty (Caddy).  Kitty is an alley cat kind of car; tough and workmanlike with no airs and graces - but dependable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment