Wednesday, September 9, 2020

 I think my phone is haunted.

The strangest thing happened yesterday.  I'd received a text from a friend.  Occasionally my Samsung 6 phone has a hissy fit and either freezes or flickers or both.  Attempting to fix it by pushing more buttons only makes it worse.  The best thing to do is turn it off, which I did.  

I'd managed to read the friend's text but hadn't started to answer.  The phone remained off for hours.  When I turned it back on, in the window where I would've typed my reply were these words:  I am a beautiful person.

First of all I hadn't typed anything.  Secondly I would not answer a text about what time we'd meet for a walk with those words.  Thirdly, it's just not something I would write to anyone.  There was no salutation, just those words.  

I've never downloaded an app for daily affirmations or meditations or anything which might have crossed wires and, while the phone was having a nervous breakdown, thrown that up.  Frankly, I just don't have an explanation.  If someone had hacked my phone, well, then they are a thoughtful caring hacker, wanting me to feel better while they steal my details.  

So what about those words.  I, like most people, find it easier to belittle rather than say nice things about myself.  We are brought up believing bragging is an unattractive trait - and it is, just look at Trump! Then again, affirmations are a good way to try and switch off the internal critic.  It's not like it said, I am a beautiful woman - which would point to vanity only, but a beautiful person, like the soulful part of the package.

Anyway, not a clue but worth noting.

Like the words I have written, in my own handwriting, which I discover later and mean absolutely nothing.  These occur while I'm drawing, not a serious drawing but a practice drawing, so perhaps my attention is less focussed, more encompassing and relaxed.  Automatic writing?  That would be great if I knew the meaning of thise great and wonderful messages being channelled through me.  But I don't.

Maybe I'm haunted.


2 comments:

  1. Odd, but not totally unusual. Another of my friends and I have had similar odd things happen. It happens regularly enough that I’ve come to believe they are little messages either from my ‘higher self’ or from ‘Source’ and I typically give it a little consideration as to meaning(s) and then just say (aloud), “thank you.” This one that you received was particularly sweet, so i think it’s the universe telling you that it does, indeed, have your back. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words keep reverberating in my head. My sister thinks it's Mom and my Aunt giving me a 'buck up' message. But like you say, a thank you seems to be the only appropriate response....to you too :)

    ReplyDelete