Tuesday, January 19, 2021

 Had the best day yesterday.  David went to see Richard so I didn't.  The horses are up to their chests in grass so didn't need to see them either (had packed Pagan's hoof the day before).  Instead I went to the library, successfully checked in with my now working covid app, and checked out again after picking five books.  Oh joy!  Then I went to the Tumbulgum Tavern on the Tweed River, ordered a coffee, set up the laptop and wrote looking out at the river and the storm clouds rolling in from the NW.  

I could do that every day, in the tradition if not the skill of a JK Rowling; take the book to a coffee shop and write.  It just seemed easier.  The only thing I missed was an online thesaurus - although I do have a well thumbed book I could stow in the bag.  

The serenity of the river when I lifted my eyes from the screen was such a lovely change from here.  I do have large windows overlooking the aviaries with the rainforest beyond - but a change is as good as a holiday.

Perhaps the nicest thing was not having to be anywhere at a certain time.  My hours were mine to fill as I pleased.  Had planned to take Mikaela to the beach in the afternoon but the storm, which dumped three inches over the next few hours, precluded that.

Oh, and had a surprise visitor day before yesterday.  Didn't know dingoes frequented rainforest but it seems they do.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderfully magical day to me. So glad you had one to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Me too. The following Friday, after Writer's Group, I went to Crystal Creek, had lunch, looked at the crowd of hopeful turtles with their dear little faces, hoping for a handout - and the creek was crystal clear. Wrote again. Good get quite used to it!

    ReplyDelete