Saturday, January 30, 2021

 Have belatedly stumbled upon the best music to write to.  Have used YouTube music for yoga for quite awhile but finally got jack of the ads.  Either I'd search and find some unpopular electronically manufactured 'yoga' music which was so bad no one wanted to advertise on it or I'd suffer through some voice haranguing me to buy something just so I could continue to breathe through and with the music while doing asanas.  

Then I cracked.  And paid for an ad remover.  It opened a whole new world of music, gorgeous ethereal, magical music.  Oh bliss!  

Listening to loops of music from Lord of the Rings or Hogwarts or Narnia or Celtic music -- so much easier to write.  Half the work is done!  Had been listening to New York Jazz which is good turned low but doesn't cut it now I've found the above.

The Uki Writers Group got a mention in the local rag as one of our members has a book deal (meganalbany.com) and was shortlisted for the prestigious Banjo Prize.  

Went to the opening of Diana's exhibition at the Uki Post Office ( http://artpostuki.com/ ) on Thursday, had a glass of wine and wound up buying one of her paintings.  I'm not fond of abstract usually but this one, I can see 'into' it.  It defies definition.  I think it will always be different depending on the day and the state of the viewer.  

Was the best opening I've been to (always show the flag for a friend) as we were covid restricted to a dozen people.  Didn't get claustrophobic and have to fight my way outdoors to recover.  It's a good mob here.  Also bought the Uki Post Art book as it's a cheap way to have a copy of the some outstanding work which has been shown there.

I have truly found my tribe in this part of the world.  Grateful.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you. A tribe is a great thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And.....what ad remover and is the music on YouTube still?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the music is on YT and the ad remover (called Ad Remover with a blue shield icon) advertisement comes up on the picture for whatever music you're listening to. Have it on the computer but buying it once (for one year) means you can install it on your phone and tablet too. Oh so worth it.

    ReplyDelete