Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dreamed I saw a UFO. It was such a realistic dream that I think I can let go that dream of seeing a UFO. A dream and a dream. Funny, eh? It was dusk. I was at a ranch taking last orders from the boss about fattening a cow, *his* cow and advertising her sale. The sky was an odd colour, that clear green blue tinged with yellow sometimes seen before a storm. The country was flat. There were street lamps at the inbetween stage of flickering on and flickering off. Higher in the sky there was another light. At first I took it for another street lamp as it too was flickering on and off except it wasn't flickering, it was fading in and out. And it had a halo, as though observed through fog. Just as it was starting to dawn on me that this was no streetlight, two fast moving yellow lights (same colour as it but brighter), popped into existence in front of the larger light. I knew then they were no ordinary lights. Suddenly all three lights streaked at an angle toward the horizon and were gone. Except for working on a ranch and taking orders about a fat cow, the above could be a real description of a UFO sighting. It certainly felt real enough. Perhaps it's a premonition. A few nights ago I dreamed of seeing a black and silver passenger jet crashing to the ground on a neighbour's land. We were driving home and I'd just been pleasantly surprised to find my little car had a cruise control button. We crossed the bridge, looked up and there it was, upside down and falling nose first. It exploded on impact. We drove into the paddock to help and saw the victims, mostly unhurt, walking to the road. No one wanted to be taken to the hospital. That night, on one of SBS foreign news feeds (Polish? Russian?) footage was shown of a jet, probably at an air show plummeting to earth and bursting into flames. The pilot ejected before impact. But enough of dreams. Jack is gone. Peter and Gabi came and got him on Sunday. I've been haunting the computer looking for an email from them to tell me how it's going. They moved the troublesome couple into their own marital quarters. Crock was the one who chewed Jack's toes. He is a very jealous and cranky bird. There are four birds left in the big aviary, none of which have big bruiser personalities so hopefully Jack will find someone to befriend to fill the hours while Gabi is gone. Two of the four birds are a bonded pair. The king parrots here are quite tame and very demanding. Yesterday morning one almost landed on my head so keen was he to let me know that if I didn't put out seed RIGHT NOW he was going to die of hunger. They hang upside down off the gutter to grumble at us. One even followed us half a mile up the road to tell us there was no seed. Richard had topped up the afternoon feed because of their complaints but still they griped. One swore at us from the banana tree. Right, I said. You want seed? Earn it! I put seed on the palm of my hand and held it up. Damn if he didn't, after some consideration and a few false starts, fly to my hand to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment