Tuesday, December 22, 2020

 Years ago, roughly coinciding when I came to Australia,  I was an avid follower of numerology.  I even considered changing my first name (to Hollin) to achieve a number I always thought had more relevance than any other.  Even now, 40 years later, I still notice numbers which add to that magic number; eleven - and multiples of 11, especially 22.  Things seemed to happen on days when 11s and 22s were prominent, not necessary the date even.  License plates, receipt numbers, numbers on a clock (lots of those).  I still often wake at 5:11am  or 2:45am or 3:08 - just weird stuff.  I could say the numbers assume an artificial prominence because I don't notice the other numbers equally as common on any given day.  Could be.  I don't know.  But.

Today I signed the contract to have a real live literary agent.  Today it is the 22nd of the 12th month of 2020,  equalling, of course, eleven.

Just sayin'. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How thrilling that moment must have been. Was it hard to act like a grownup? It usually is for me, during any exciting event, I’m always doing my best to contain the little kid inside that wants to throw her arms wide in the air and jump around yelling whoopee as loud as I can yell. Or.....is that just me?
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And btw...my kids were all born in the 20’s of the months...12/21, 4/20, 6/25, 3/20 and we have repeat numbers through the family...like my oldest granddaughter was born on my mom’s death anniversary and the next grandson born was born on Paul’s mother’s death anniversary...we were married on my deceased uncle’s birthday which I don’t recall finding out until after the wedding....odd coincidence? Maybe not...and of probably no relevance at all, 13 has always been my lucky number. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that odd? For awhile I used to ask when people were born and when their parents were born as often they were born in the same month as their parents (Mom and I, Dad and Tam for instance). I've always liked 13 too - never a bad luck number. It's a 4 (1 + 3), pretty rusty but think that's a grounded number, earth? Logical, strong, tenacious, accomplishes heaps == should Google and be sure. :)

    ReplyDelete