Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dream On

Had a couple of telling dreams last night, added on to a growing list of dreams which  bubble to conscious memory after waking.  The first of these dreams took place underwater; a cool green world of silence.  The ocean floor was carpeted with treasure in measured rows, silver cups in soldier lines, low hills of clunky silver goblets.  Everything was covered in fine sediment, like what's found on eel grass but thicker.  The water too was murky.  Someone picked up a cup and pretended to drink from it. 

Dream 2:  I was driving my darling little Yaris only it was bright red instead of grey.  I'd been zipping around and doing things, all of which I forget in the light of day.  What I do remember is that suddenly the steering wheel turned into a piece of black cord which unwound itself from the spokes and I was going backwards out of control down a hill.

Blind Freddy would be able to assignn some meaning to these dreams.  The first one is that treasure abounds in my 'deeps' but it languishes, tarnished and dirty because I  haven't brought it to the surface and that again, I feel my life is out of control.  I'm not 'driving' my own life.

Had an urge to look for someone from my past on the 'net.  Found him too.  He is doing exactly what he wanted to do when I knew him only more so.  I am very proud to have known him and am pleased that he is living his dream.  He is like he was then only to the power of four.  He hasn't changed much either.  I'd recognise him on the street.  The life he has made for himself has kept him young.  How many people live the life they want.  So few.  Thought of writing him and saying hello but thought better of it.  What is there to say anyway.  I can see what he's doing, it's on his website.  It's enough to know he is well and happy.

Reworking a drawing that I had hanging in the kitchen.  It was never quite right.  The cat was never quite right and it was wishy washy too.  The blackness of the blacks wasn't intense enough.  Now it's getting there.  Natalia, bless her little paws, broke the glass in the frame so will have to get that replaced, but it's about ready for rehanging.  Still undecideded whether to enter  the local art show.  Really must get my arse in gear and teach myself to take photos and transfer them into emails and onto here.   I just get overwhelmed.  I know it's only a one click sort of operation but it never seems to go smoothly and I wind up frustrated and angry.  Not enough practice.  Just do it.

Have gone vegan.  Still have my beloved leather purse and am eating eggs from free range chickens of a neighbour but no cheese, no dairy products, buying cruelty free (and how few of the big international conglomerates are cruelty free!).  It's a natural outgrowth of doing yoga.  Yoga has had unintended and unlooked for side effects.  And it's good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment