Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Day 3 of 92

4:21pm.  Typed the title and wondered, will I, can I keep this up?

Took the day off today.  R went to the Men's Shed.  I was supposed to go to Life Drawing but had a pitiful night, 3rd in a row, and just didn't have the energy.  Drawing like that, 3 hours of total concentration, takes a lot of energy.  At least from me.  Come home wrung out.  Sometimes satisfied and wrung out, sometimes disappointed and wrung out.

Worked on the fussy face of the nude.  Lifted the details with blue tac and have suggested where before I drew.  Works much better.  It fits in with the rest of the picture now. 

Funny to be working on nudes.  I do have another drawing, coloured pencil, which is more my usual stuff - starting out one way, a little surreal with a bird and an arm, but if the past is any indication, what I have on the paper now will be vastly different by the time it's finished. 

Spending these 4 hours on my own is nourishing.  Don't have to be doing anything.  In fact I try and not do anything constructive like too much housework, or berate myself if I don't work on a drawing or do yoga.  If all I do is read or watch mindless tv, somehow that's enough to recharge something in me that needs recharging.  4:27pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment