Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Post 8 of 92

4:42pm.  Don't complain, don't explain.  Or some such.  I am not having such a good day, despite my overwhelming good fortune in health, home and hearth.  Perhaps just being continually tired doesn't help.  The day started well; up before dawn to a sky full of sailing ships and a fresh breeze.  R got up so I suggested a quick walk with Mikaela to enjoy the beauty.  And one remark by R, one myopic petty remark and the day soured.

And that's my fault.  The weakness in allowing others to determine what kind of day I have.  I deserve to not have a good day.  For the day just deteriorated to where we actually argued, something we rarely do - not really argued, just made it apparent we didn't like each other much.  And he can't help what has happened to him and how it affects our relationship - that I get lonely for a relationship that extends beyond the banal.

But I'm complaining and explaining so I'll end it here. 

4:46pm

1 comment: