Monday, October 30, 2017

Post 7 of 92.

4:21.  Little sleep.  Too much caffeine.  High humidity and heat.  Got the shakes.  Got deep circles under my eyes.  Mikaela asked to go outside at 2am.  Not a problem.  I was up anyway.  Then had the flashes  through one's eyelids like xrays followed by rolling thunder.  Got up and unplugged the computer and phone.  Waited for the storm that never came.  It edged closer and closer and then retreated.  Thought my counting was off (counting the seconds between flashes and thunder). 

Never had that cool change which comes after the storm.  A hot and sticky night, what remained of it.  Have the air conditioning on now.  A/C in two of the three pods.  Feel somewhat guilty using it after toughing it out for so many years.  And what I suspected is true, with the A/C on I am reluctant to go out and do chores.  Still have to do the dog poop run. 

And on that s***** note....4:28pm


1 comment:

  1. I would not survive without a/c. I’d have moved to the Antarctic years ago.

    ReplyDelete