Wednesday, February 3, 2021

 The luxury of time  - squandered.  When I experience a day like today - rushing here and there to be 'on time' - what exactly is 'on time' anyway? and then I 'waste' more time because of being so engrossed in listening to a speaker in parliament I miss the turn off and have to drive down the M1 to the Cabarita exit to get home == very late. 

Tomorrow however Art in the Shed is at Di's.  I have to go as I'm bringing the wine and nibblies stored here but not until 4.  Richard has a visitor so I'm taking Mikaela and myself off to a low tide stroll on the beach first thing in the morning.  Again, it's been weeks since we've been.  Granted it's been school holidays so absolute throngs of vacationers making good use of the beach.  Now however all the kiddies are back at school and their parents are back at work so the locals can get a look in.  Then home to write which I didn't do today.   

Maybe having a day off from writing is a good thing - have kept the momentum, have been immersed in the story yet allowing things to settle and percolate a little won't go amiss either.  It's been a little scary writing that 500 words a day.  Some days, when I'm 'in' a scene, it's okay as I know what needs doing.  Other days, haven't a clue.  

Think it's getting to me a bit as the pace increases and I've got to write (think - imagine - hope - pray) like mad to keep up.

What a rollercoaster.  Wouldn't miss it.  Hope it all turns out okay in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment