Sunday, November 5, 2017

Post 11 of 92

9:08pm.  Nearly forgot.  Easy to do.  Thunderstorms coming.  What a loaded sentence that is.  Thunderstorms.  And I hear a plane passing overhead.  Between storm cells.  What a view they must have, in the night with flashes of light before and behind.

But the greatest view would be of the ... is it sprites?  those flashes of light seen from space of electrical discharges above thunderstorms?  What a view that would be.

And just a note before I close (it's already 9:11).  Mikaela might just be the greatest dog that ever lived.  I am a cat person first and foremost.  A bird person second.  A horse person third and a dog person last of all.  Mikaela might change all that.  This morning, with some cheap dental tools I got from somewhere years ago, I chipped off some plaque from her teeth.  Her teeth are pretty good, especially for a greyhound, but there is a bit of plaque.  Mikaela stood like a statue while I chipped away.  I didn't do much.  Why make a problem where there isn't one?  Even so, her beautiful manners are breathtaking.

As is her love.  She is the most loving dog I have ever met.  Loving without slavishness, if that makes sense.  She doesn't throw herself upside down at your feet and whine.  She isn't needy in that way.  There's a quiet dignity in her affection; a laying of her head in my lap or against my chest.  Giving and receiving.  She affects me more than any dog I have ever known.  And that is in less than two weeks.  9:22pm

1 comment: