Tuesday, June 9, 2020

What's in the mind will come out in the body.  After Richard went into hospital I got sore.  Niggly pains became real pains.  Emotions I've more or less held inside for years lodged in various parts of my body.  Now they've come out.  I can't ignore them (they hurt!) but have tried to accept them, to just ride them out until they do what they must do - which is tell the recent story of my life.  Not to say I don't have a good life, I do, but there has been grief, sadness, anger, frustration, fear, etc. 

So the back spasms, the large and powerful muscles across my lower back - just spasmed for 3 days.  Today almost all gone.  My legs and the tendons and ligaments running from legs to groin are sore.  Must be like training horses for endurance; muscles get fit quickly, tendons and ligaments take longer and bones take longest of all.  So muscle soreness pfffft, gone.  But trust the tendons and ligaments will heal too.  Just doing everything I normally do yet make allowances and not 'work' through the pain - something I've been wont to do.

Yesterday a friend visited Richard in hospital so I had an uninterrupted day at home.  Practiced guitar for the second day in a row.  Miserably apparent I've missed practice as what little hard won facility I'd gained has gone ... pfffft.  Revamped Marvin's avaiary with new backsheet, quite a fashionable check pattern in warm hues, replaced some perches, raked out the poo and filled in his nest holes.  Only four more aviaries to go!  And then, when the weather turns dry with low humidity must replace all the styrofoam insulation.  Trying a new glue as the previous gunk hasn't been ideal. 

Brought up my art table the other day.  Lee came around and helped me move the huge and heavy electric reclinder into the shed to make room.  Last night brought up the drawing I'd been working on before all 'this' hit.  Not ready to create, there's nothing in the well, but can scribble on what is already on the board. 

Haven't written for months either.  Until Richard is settled it is difficult to get a working routine.  If he stays at Heritage, another 8 minutes up the road from the farm, I can visit him first, do the horses on the way home and then stay home.  This going out twice in a day takes up the day. 

A friend invited herself over with a bottle of red, a kind and thoughtful gesture - but I asked for a rain check.  Save for sometimes walking in company in the arvo with a friend, I want to be alone.  Alone to let everything settle - for all the nigglies to come out and have their turn, alone to think.  Alone just to be alone.

There was a strange light on one of  The Sisters last night.  Wasn't the moon as it wasn't up yet.  Wasn't fog - I don't think as fog settles starts in the valley and it didn't swell or drift as fog does.  Got the binoculars out but couldn't see enough to make sense of it.  It was just down from the summit, a fat flattened W shape encompassing both sides of the 'triangle'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment